Insect and Pest Monitors
The first step to having a successful pest management program is to monitor and identify if any pests are present. The most common type of pest monitors are non-toxic "sticky-monitors", also known as "glue-traps". Insects, spiders, mice, and even snakes and lizards get trapped in the glue when they walk across the trap. These traps are cheap and effective. They may not trap all of your pests, but by inspecting traps regularly you will identify the beginnings of an infestation and be able to take appropriate action.
Our most popular sticky traps are:
- 288i Insect Monitor - Small and cheap. Easy to place a lot in a kitchen. Light-duty glue only for insects and spiders.
- Trapper Rat Glue Board - Costs more, but contains heavy-duty glue, will also catch mice, small rats, lizards, snakes, etc.
- 72MB Insect and Mouse Board - A good compromise of between the two above. Has a medium-duty glue to catch insects, spiders, mice, snakes, and even small rats. Still fairly cheap price.
Tips for using glue-board sticky traps:
- Always place out of reach of children and pets.
- In areas with children or pets you can use "Tin Cat" boxes that keep the trap safe.
- Place traps as close to pest activity as possible. (Each side of exterior doors, behind appliances, near food & water sources, under sink, etc.)
- Place traps tight against walls so pests cannot sneak between trap and wall.
- In dusty or wet situations, traps should be covered or changed frequently.
- Date the trap so you know when it is time to replace.
- If a child, pet, (or you) get stuck in the glue a mild solvent will help release the glue. Dish detergent, nail polish remover, WD-40, and Goof-Off are all known to help remove the glue.
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at sales@ePestHero.com. We have over 20 years of pest management experience and have an Entomologist on staff.